To me, “You’re so sweet” implies:
1. nice, benign, pleasant, mundanely pleasant.
2. unexciting, sugary, weak, harmless, no edge, edge-less.
3. no threat, threat-less, dull as dishrag.
4. someone who spends her afternoons folding miniature stars from fluorescent colour papers, pouring them into a jar and decorating it with a pink ribbon so that she can give it to her little boyfriend on their 3rd month anniversary.
5. tiny smiles, agreeable, acquiescent, yes yes yes all the time.
6. eyes peeking out under thick bangs.
7. domestic, fluffy pink slippers, fluffy pink T-shirts
8. naïve, innocent, young, child-like, angelic
9. halo hugging skull
10. doormat, pink fluffy doormat
11. prim, proper, knee-length gingham skirt, ponytail, pink cardigan buttoned to the chin
13. crying at soppy movies
14. happily ever after
Most people consider "sweet" to be a compliment. Am I peculiar because I seem to take it as an unintended insult?